A major fire gutted Indian Premier League commissioner Lalit Modi’s bungalow in Juhu on Saturday evening.
The blaze the cause of which is thought to be a short-circuit engulfed Anand Bungalow in the upscale Gandhigram Road area of Juhu, close to the ISKCON Temple in north-west Mumbai.
The entire family including Modi managed to run out to safety and there are no reports of any casualties.
The fire brigade rushed eight fire tenders but could not control the flames for nearly three hours after the blaze was reported around 6 p.m.
Meanwhile scores of families from nearby buildings and neighbouring bungalows pitched in to help in the fire control operations.
A shocked Modi standing outside his burning home refused to offer any comments to mediapersons.